Wholesome day

 Becoming a dad is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.


Before parenthood, I felt my life lacked meaning, and I would get involved in all kinds of projects searching for it.


Now meaning is abundant in my life, and I’m no longer chasing an elusive something to fill the void.

Beautiful day. High 20s all day. Spent four hours in BJ play park with the boys. Had the place to ourselves as it is midweek in term time. We went on the swings, snacked in the shade, rode bikes and trikes, and played football. Took them for haircuts. They both look so good. A was such a good big brother. (I heard him say “Which car do you want, Zen?” As they played in the lounge while I packed bags in the kitchen. And he helped calm Z with dinosaur books when he got upset while having his hair cut.)


Hung out in the garden as a family of four in the evening. Just a beautiful, wholesome day. 


Nice to see a bubbling demijohn in the kitchen—a blast from the past.

Popular posts from this blog

This isn't where I'm supposed to be.

A successful day’s parenting

Silence is King