46

Birthday yesterday. 46. Approaching 50, but still feel super young (though maybe not physically). Cold, grey day. Woke early and sleepily watched Zen watching Yakka Dee in bed while everyone slept. He’s so great. Such a nice soul. Gave myself the day off. Everyone else preoccupied so I had the day to myself. Went to the designer outlet. Was kinda excited until I got there, then instantly realised it wasn’t as great a way to spend the day as I imagined. Didn’t buy anything. Had lunch alone in Wagamamas. Felt silly being alone. 

It’s funny, bc when I’m immersed in things I enjoy on my own, I’m in my element. And I always used to like my own company while being out and about. I thought that was just who I was. But yesterday told me it ain’t so. Maybe some of my contentment in being alone was a reaction to being in a work environment most days. Or maybe it’s just different now I have a family. 

Whatever, it felt so silly being there in my own and I’d have much rather had the fam in tow. Great to pick A up and all hang out together in the evening. 

Took the boys to Lowdham church playgroup for a change of pace this morning. Saw A’s friend Martha. Trying a new prospecting strategy, which feels like it might be better than cold DMing people on X. We’ll see how it goes.

Popular posts from this blog

This isn't where I'm supposed to be.

A successful day’s parenting

Silence is King