What if creativity isn't really a thing? What if it's just a term we use to describe "non-standard" thinking? So people who fall outside the central bell curve distribution of typical thinking are considered creative? There's every chance that, when engaged in "creative" acts, these people are being as logical as the most linear "non-creative" thinkers—it's just that they operate on a different style of logic. Maybe to them, someone saying something as basic and rational as 2+2=4 seems creative, whereas producing a piece of music, or writing, or a painting is the equivalent of making a spreadsheet. I suspect many so-called "creatives" don't consider themselves creative by their own standard—they are simply doing what makes sense to them. — The reason writing pays well but drawing (a similarly creative discipline) doesn't is that there is greater demand for writing. And, crucially, a bigger gap between the number of peo...
Lovely day. Woke up feeling artfully inspired; then at breakfast, the boys wanted to paint, so I joined in and painted a still life of Z’s cup. Felt good. Usual Saturday routine, then after swimming, Sarah M came round to do a half-day documentary photography session with us, which was cool. Great to see A being comfortable with her and showing her his toys etc. She even covered bed time, and A proudly showed her his bin. “When I wee my pants, that’s where they go.” Started drawing a picture of Char and Z based on a photo I took at swimming today. Drawing the water will be a fun challenge. Lovely snsm.